Fourteen Zones Ateliers are actually recongized by CNRS (ZABR, ZAM, ZAS, ZAL, ZAPVS, ZAAR, ZAA, ZATA, ZAEU, ZAHWG, ZABrI, ZATU, ZAAJ and ZA PYGAR). A project (ZARG) is under development under CNRS umbrella around the Argonne region.
The Zones Ateliers network (RZA) is recognized by ALLENVI, as a Long-Term Experimentaion and Observation System for Research in Environment: the SOERE RZA.
In this context, the RZA organizes workshops of scientific reflection on transversal questions..
Olivier RAGUENEAU, Directeur de Recherche CNRS - Chargé de mission INEE pour les Zones Ateliers
- ZABR approaches by different disciplines, the interactions between the fluvial and peri-fluvial Rhodanian environment and the societies that develop on the watershed.
- Geographical area : Rhone River watershed
- Directors : Nicolas LAMOUROUX, Institut national de recherche en sciences et technologies pour l'environnement et l'agriculture, Laurent SIMON, UMR CNRS 5023 Laboratoire d'Ecologie des Hydrosystèmes Naturels et Anthropisés
- The main goal of ZAM is to acquire knowledge to help control the impact of human activities on the quality of water resources in Lorraine, in the Moselle River watershed..
- Geographical area : Moselle River watershed
- Director : Sylvie DOUSSET UMR CNRS 7360 Laboratoire interdisciplinaire des environnements continentaux. Co-dir members: Philippe DURAND (SILVA-AgroParisTech-INRAE), Arnaud LEGOUT (BEF-INRAE), Marie-Noëlle PONS (LRGP-CNRS-UL), Cécile FRIES-PAIOLA (ENSA-Nancy)
- ZA Seine focuses on how the Paris basin, its geology, its climate, its vegetation and its agricultural, domestic and industrial activities influence both the aquatic environment and the water quality of rivers and aquifers..
- Geographical area : Seine River watershed
- Directors : Jean-Marie MOUCHEL - UMR CNRS 7619 Metis, Nicolas BACQ - GIP Seine-Aval, Ghassan CHEBBO Laboratoire Eau Environnement et Systèmes Urbains
- The purpose of ZAL is to observe the hydrosystem, human societies and their coevolution on the Loire River basin, on a scale of 15,000 years.
- Geographical area : Loire River watershed
- Directors: Mathieu BONNEFOND - EA 4643 Laboratoire de Géodésie et Géomatique, ESGT – CNAM - Le Mans , Jean SECONDI Groupe écologie et conservation des vertébrés (GECCO), Sylvie SERVAIN UMR CNRS 7324 CITERES
- The objective of the ZAPVS is to invent an alternative agricultural system to the productivist model, in order to ensure a sustainable management of natural resources.
- Geographical area : Cereal plain Poitou-Charente
- Directors : Vincent BRETAGNOLLE, UMR CNRS 7372 Centre d’Études Biologiques de Chizé, Sabrina GABA, UMR CNRS 7372 Centre d’Études Biologiques de Chizé,
- ZAAR conducts research on the relationships between societal dynamics and environmental dynamics, along gradients from urban to rural, with landscape as an object of articulation.
- Geographical area : Brittany (Ille-et-Vilaine department)
- Directors : Cendrine MONY, UMR CNRS 6553 Ecosystèmes Biodiversité Evolution, Thomas HOUET, UMR LETG-Rennes COSTEL, Université de Rennes 2, Audrey ALIGNIER, UMR BAGAP, INRAE
- ZAA studies the coupled dynamics of alpine ecosystems, their uses and the climate on two sites contrasted by their natural and human conditions: Vercors and Oisans..
- Geographical area : Alpes (Vercors and Oisans)
- Directors : Isabelle ARPIN, BIOSES, IRSTEA, Jérôme POULENARD, EDYTEM, Université de Savoie.
- ZATA measures impacts of climate change and human activities on Antarctic and sub-Antarctic ecosystems.
- Geographical area : Antartica (Terre Adélie), French Sub-Antarctic Islands and subtropical waters of the Indian Ocean
- Directeurs : Jean-Patrice ROBIN, UMR CNRS 7178 Institut Pluridisciplinaire Hubert CURIEN (IPHC), Département Ecologie, Physiologie et Ethologie, Jacques LABONNE, UMR INRA 1224 Ecologie Comportementale et Biologie des Populations de Poissons
- ZAEU is an environmental observation system in urban areas in conjunction with local authorities, conducting research structuring actions on complex issues related to natural processes and social dynamics.
- Geographical area : Alsace (Bas-Rhin department)
- Directors : Sandrine GLATRON (directrice) UMR CNRS 7367 Laboratoire DynamE, Nadège BLOND (directrice-adjointe), UMR CNRS 7362 Laboratoire Image Ville Environnement, Isabelle CHARPENTIER (directrice-adjointe), UMR CNRS 7357 Laboratoire Icube
- ZAHWG conducts a multi-disciplinary approach to a socio-ecological system centered on a protected area with a diversity of large mammals unique in the world and crucial issues of integration of conservation and rural development.
- Geographical area : Sub-Saharan Africa (National Park of Hwange)
- Director: Hervé FRITZ, Laboratoire Biométrie et Biologie Évolutive UMR CNRS 5558
- The particularity of ZABrI is its coastal component, since it aims to improve our knowledge of the functioning and evolution of the coastal socio-ecosystem located at the interface between Earth and Sea, in a context of changes and in a integrated management perspective.
- Geographical area : Brittany (Finistère department)
- Directors : Pierre STEPHAN UMR CNRS 6554 Littoral, Environnement, Télédétection, Géomatique, Olivier RAGUENEAU UMR CNRS 6539 LEMAR
- ZAAJ federates a network of research on the interactions between environment, society and dynamics of the socio-ecological systems of the Jura arc. She is particularly interested in the impacts of past and present climate and landscape changes on people and communities, and the relationship between environment, ecology and health.
- Geographical area : Jura arc
- Director : Daniel GILBERT, UMR CNRS 6249 Chrono-environnement
- ZATU develops a multidisciplinary approach confronting the points of view of biologists, chemists, geographers, ecologists, geologists, physicians, physicists, sociologists on the questions that life poses in environments characterized by a chronic radiation of natural or natural origin reinforced.
- Geographical area : Massif Central and the site of the Ecarpière mine in Vendée
- Directors : : David BIRON, Laboratoire Microorganismes : Génome et Environnement UMR CNRS 6023, Gilles MONTAVON, Laboratoire de Physique Subatomique et des Technologies Associées – SUBATECH, Patrick CHARDON, Laboratoire de Physique de Clermont-Ferrand
- A PYGAR aims to study the spatial and temporal dynamics of socio-ecological systems (SSE). It studies the interactions (nature, kinetics) between social systems and ecological systems. PYGAR studies the spatial transitions within the upstream-downstream gradient of the Pyrenees or the Massif Central to the Garonne Plain. Scaling and modeling are based on the skills of ZA PYGAR laboratories in satellite image analysis. SSEs are treated at different times since the last glacial maximum until the present time.
- Geographical area : all of the Garonne catchment area upstream of the Gironde estuary at La Réole station.
- URL : https://pygar.omp.eu/
- Directors : Jean-Luc PROBST, ENSAT-INPT UMR ECOLAB, Annie OUIN, INP de Toulouse-INRA DYNAFOR.
ZA project under CNRS umbrella: Zone Atelier Environnementale Rurale (ZARG)
- The objective of ZARG project is to understand the functioning and trajectories of this low-density socio-ecological system. This low density is at the same time an asset and a threat to the resilience and sustainability of these territories: if, on the one hand, anthropogenic pressure can decrease, on the other, low density can reduce the capacity to protect. the territory of environmental stresses. Yet rural environments provide an important part of the ecological goods and services on which society depends.
- Geographical area: the territory of Argonne: forest massif, groves, cereal plains, wetlands, alluvial plains of the Aisne River and the Aire River, villages and small towns around
- URL :http://www.univ-reims.fr/zarg
- Directors : Emmanuel GUILLON, Université de Reims - ICMR (director), Jon Marco CHURCH, Université de Reims - HABITER (deputy director), Rémi HELDER, Université de Reims - CERFE (deputy director in charge of the Visitor and Resource Center), Stéphane BETOULLE, Université de Reims - SEBIO (deputy director and spokeperson)