Fourteen Zones Ateliers are actually recongized by CNRS (ZABR, ZAM, ZAS, ZAL, ZAPVS, ZAAR, ZAA, ZATA, ZAEU, ZAHWG, ZABrI, ZATU, ZAAJ and ZA PYGAR).
The Zones Ateliers network (RZA) is recognized by ALLENVI, as a Long-Term Experimentaion and Observation System for Research in Environment: the SOERE RZA.
In this context, the RZA organizes workshops of scientific reflection on transversal questions..
Vincent BRETAGNOLLE, Directeur de Recherche CNRS - Chargé de mission INEE pour les Zones Ateliers
- ZABR approaches by different disciplines, the interactions between the fluvial and peri-fluvial Rhodanian environment and the societies that develop on the watershed.
- Geographical area : Rhone River watershed
- Directors : Nicolas LAMOUROUX, Institut national de recherche en sciences et technologies pour l'environnement et l'agriculture, Laurent SIMON, UMR CNRS 5023 Laboratoire d'Ecologie des Hydrosystèmes Naturels et Anthropisés
- The main goal of ZAM is to acquire knowledge to help control the impact of human activities on the quality of water resources in Lorraine, in the Moselle River watershed..
- Geographical area : Moselle River watershed
- Director : Sylvie DOUSSET UMR CNRS 7360 Laboratoire interdisciplinaire des environnements continentaux
- ZA Seine focuses on how the Paris basin, its geology, its climate, its vegetation and its agricultural, domestic and industrial activities influence both the aquatic environment and the water quality of rivers and aquifers..
- Geographical area : Seine River watershed
- Directors : Jean-Marie MOUCHEL - UMR CNRS 7619 Metis, Nicolas BACQ - GIP Seine-Aval, Ghassan CHEBBO Laboratoire Eau Environnement et Systèmes Urbains
- The purpose of ZAL is to observe the hydrosystem, human societies and their coevolution on the Loire River basin, on a scale of 15,000 years.
- Geographical area : Loire River watershed
- Directors: Mathieu BONNEFOND - EA 4643 Laboratoire de Géodésie et Géomatique, ESGT – CNAM - Le Mans , Jean SECONDI Groupe écologie et conservation des vertébrés (GECCO), Sylvie SERVAIN UMR CNRS 7324 CITERES
- The objective of the ZAPVS is to invent an alternative agricultural system to the productivist model, in order to ensure a sustainable management of natural resources.
- Geographical area : Cereal plain Poitou-Charente
- Directors : Vincent BRETAGNOLLE, UMR CNRS 7372 Centre d’Études Biologiques de Chizé, Sabrina GABA, UMR Agroécologie-Dijon
- ZAAR conducts research on the relationships between societal dynamics and environmental dynamics, along gradients from urban to rural, with landscape as an object of articulation.
- Geographical area : Brittany (Ille-et-Vilaine department)
- Director : Christophe PISCART, Cendrine MONY, UMR CNRS 6553 Ecosystèmes Biodiversité Evolution
- ZAA studies the coupled dynamics of alpine ecosystems, their uses and the climate on two sites contrasted by their natural and human conditions: Vercors and Oisans..
- Geographical area : Alpes (Vercors and Oisans)
- Directors : Philippe CHOLER, UMR CNRS 5553 Laboratoire d’écologie alpine (LECA), Thomas SPIEGELBERGER, Unité de Recherche des Ecosystèmes montagnards (EMGR) IRSTEA - Grenoble
- ZATA measures impacts of climate change and human activities on Antarctic and sub-Antarctic ecosystems.
- Geographical area : Antartica (Terre Adélie), French Sub-Antarctic Islands and subtropical waters of the Indian Ocean
- Directors : Marc LEBOUVIER, UMR CNRS 6553 Ecosystèmes Biodiversité Evolution , Yan ROPERT-COUDERT, UMR CNRS 7372 Centre d’Études Biologiques de Chizé
- ZAEU is an environmental observation system in urban areas in conjunction with local authorities, conducting research structuring actions on complex issues related to natural processes and social dynamics.
- Geographical area : Alsace (Bas-Rhin department)
- Directors : Sandrine GLATRON (directrice) UMR CNRS 7367 Laboratoire DynamE, Nadège BLOND (directrice-adjointe), UMR CNRS 7362 Laboratoire Image Ville Environnement, Isabelle CHARPENTIER (directrice-adjointe), UMR CNRS 7357 Laboratoire Icube
- ZAHWG conducts a multi-disciplinary approach to a socio-ecological system centered on a protected area with a diversity of large mammals unique in the world and crucial issues of integration of conservation and rural development.
- Geographical area : Sub-Saharan Africa (National Park of Hwange)
- Director: Hervé FRITZ, Laboratoire Biométrie et Biologie Évolutive UMR CNRS 5558
- The particularity of ZABrI is its coastal component, since it aims to improve our knowledge of the functioning and evolution of the coastal socio-ecosystem located at the interface between Earth and Sea, in a context of changes and in a integrated management perspective.
- Geographical area : Brittany (Finistère department)
- Directors : Pierre STEPHAN UMR CNRS 6554 Littoral, Environnement, Télédétection, Géomatique et Olivier RAGUENEAU UMR CNRS 6539 LEMAR
- ZAAJ federates a network of research on the interactions between environment, society and dynamics of the socio-ecological systems of the Jura arc. She is particularly interested in the impacts of past and present climate and landscape changes on people and communities, and the relationship between environment, ecology and health.
- Geographical area : Jura arc
- Director : Daniel GILBERT, UMR CNRS 6249 Chrono-environnement
- ZATU develops a multidisciplinary approach confronting the points of view of biologists, chemists, geographers, ecologists, geologists, physicians, physicists, sociologists on the questions that life poses in environments characterized by a chronic radiation of natural or natural origin reinforced.
- Geographical area : Massif Central and the site of the Ecarpière mine in Vendée
- URL : http://zatu.org/
- Directors : Vincent BRETON, UPS 3177 Institut des Grilles et du Cloud, Telesphore SIME-NGANDO, Laboratoire Microorganismes : Génome et Environnement UMR CNRS 6023, Patrick CHARDON, Laboratoire de Physique Subatomique et des Technologies Associées – SUBATECH
- A PYGAR aims to study the spatial and temporal dynamics of socio-ecological systems (SSE). It studies the interactions (nature, kinetics) between social systems and ecological systems. PYGAR studies the spatial transitions within the upstream-downstream gradient of the Pyrenees or the Massif Central to the Garonne Plain. Scaling and modeling are based on the skills of ZA PYGAR laboratories in satellite image analysis. SSEs are treated at different times since the last glacial maximum until the present time.
- Geographical area : all of the Garonne catchment area upstream of the Gironde estuary at La Réole station.
- URL : http://www.ecolab.omp.eu/ACTUALITES/ZA-PYGAR
- Directors : Jean-Luc PROBST, ENSAT-INPT UMR ECOLAB, Annie OUIN, ENSAT-INPT UMR ECOLAB, Christine SCHRIVE, ENSAT-INPT UMR ECOLAB,